Criminals!

Stephen

Question

Of course every one of you little kiddies and grown folk know that a Naruto-themed game would be nothing without a system that allows for criminals to become super bad-ass death machines and *bleep* like that. So this is just a few suggestions that I had in my mind that can help build up any good bad-guy!

NOTE: I'm going to word this kind of like a guide as to give the illusion of explaining and already added feature

How to become a Criminal!

Foremost and formally I think that each and every criminal should be labeled as so by the amount of player-kills they have, namely the amount of 'allies' within their village that they kill during RPEs and inside village walls. For every ally kill a player can gain a few points of infamy until they reach a threshold which expels them from their current village and puts them in the Bingo Book with a low-rank bounty or something!

Going about it this route would start the player as a certain rank criminal depending on how many kills they stacked up over the 'years' of PKing they've been doing. Obviously those with larger ally and enemy kills would be ranked much higher in the Bingo Book due to their apparent strength and skill levels.

Less interestingly there is the method of being expelled by your Village/Faction Head

I'm a Criminal.. Now what?

Well once you're a criminal all of the quests within your village will become WAY more risky to take so a large set of 'Missing-Nin' quests and missions will open up for your safety and convenience. But before I get into that you can choose to flee to another village and attempt to complete a 'transition' quest which you receive from a certain Village Council NPC to change you affiliation to the village in question. If successful.. well y'know!

But anyways, once you've become a criminal a whole slore of quests will open up to you based on your level range. They can range from killing mobs, collecting items/quest things or even killing players from CERTAIN villages. Hell, you could even choose to align yourself as a mercenary who strictly hunts names out of the Bingo Book and takes quests from random nubs to kill their worst enemies!

Oh and did I mention that after completing a few dozen of these quests, you'll notice that as you were once a D-Rank Missing-Nin you are now a C-Rank Missing-Nin.

Okay well this is kind of repetitive... Have you misled me?

Not exactly, considering the fact that as a criminal with an ever rising bounty you will more then likely be hunted down by higher level ninja who want nothing more then to lock you up in the Shinobi Worlds Prison! The United Ninja's Prison is a place where all five ninja super-power nations agree to lock up their criminals and seal their chakra as to prevent resistance. This facility is inhabited by dozen of various level Guard NPC which don't hold aggression to you until you hit them just like normal low level NPC.

After a few minutes of realizing how boring this prison is, you and your cell-mates are probably going to get bored and wonder... "How the *bleep* do I get out of here!?"

Well my friend I have good news for you! Get ready to squad up and hunt for your freedom! The Ninja Warden of the Prison is a boss that anyone can beat given the right motivation, it tends to be instanced to your level and as easy as any other boss in the game. In order to get to him however, you have to jump through some quest hoops.. knock a few guards and finally... get the key from his office!

Well that was fun... but.. that's it?

Nope! Of course you can also be boring and be a secretive bastard with any form of your own custom organization which is pretty self explanatory minus the fact that you're organization has to be leveled up and upon reaching a certain level your Bingo Book bounty will be multiplied by a set amount.

****Disclaimer: Please note that this 'guide' is purely to show the staff how appealing this could be and it is also a unique take on how to submit a suggestion!****

TL;DR: Criminals should work based on PK kills and PvE missions.

15 answers to this question

I wouldn't worry about the prison aspect so much. If you are skilled and strong enough, they won't even catch you let alone they risk having their numbers shredded. You could team up with another group of criminals and make sort of a bandit camp. It would be fun and interesting because at times you will have to rely on them, but, they are criminals and you can't really count on them for anything. They may help you and together you can raid villages in search of gold and goods together, or, like a pack of wolves, they will descend upon the weak in their group ;) . If you go to prison a lot, you are a lousy criminal :p

• Like 1

How about you can become a missin nin anytime you want? If you gain more infamy points at the start, bounty for you will be high and that can be overwhelming, especially for newbie criminals.

Instead, how about you can choose to become a missin nin anytime you want. Wants you've done that, you find someone like Orochimaru or another criminal to teach you and give you the missions? 

That's not true Guy. You can PvP anytime.

You can PvP anytime but, unless it has changed, you stated if we chose not to role play, we could not be killed as genin as in the whole permadeath thing. Idk if he was referring to kill as in just meaningless pvp or kill as in your character dies.

I'm going to be honest with you, I really like this idea.  However you forgot one thing, there should also be a way for a group of ninja to break out their friends from prison.  The Prison guards are only going to be so strong, and even if they were lets say, level 100, usually a criminal that is as powerful as Itachi or Madara, would be around level 100 and have basically all of his/her's jutsu or skills mastered, so getting caught and getting out of prison won't be as tough.  Now I wouldn't recommend anybody becoming so bad to the point that they get kicked out of their village until they truly hit a very very high enough level.  Other then that, in Naruto, you rarely here of people from the Akatsuki getting caught and put into prisons, as a matter of fact, they never do.  1.  Every member of the Akatsuki is an S-ranked criminal, Kage level in power and skill, and are considered too dangerous to take in alive.  If a player is level 80 and above, you can honestly forget about catching him/her and putting that player into a prison, unless of course there are players of even higher levels that are bounty hunters hunting that ninja player down.  One thing to take note, the higher the level of the player, the more skilled they are in the game and the more they know of the terrain of areas on the map.  Overall though, this idea is just fantastic in my opinion.