Quest Starting Items

Stephen

Question

Upon realizing that I had not previous made a suggestion about this I figured that I might as well make a suggestion pertaining to the various uses and pro-cons of Quest Starting Items! This is essentially just me stating other ways that they can be used and implemented by the developers.

Jutsu Quests!

This is a pretty obvious use but perhaps it could be possible for certain humanoid monsters or regular monsters to drop quest items that start a quest with a jutsu scroll and exp value as a reward. For example, Everyone here starts as an Academy Student so why not give each Academy a training area with 'monsters' in it that have a chance of dropping a quest item that yields a low-level academy jutsu? This however would imply that you do not -require- these jutsu to become a Genin and is completely up to the staff.

Yea the above usage is pretty rough on the canonical knowledge that you need to know the three basic jutsu in order to graduate from the academy, but I think that in this game early on in levels Jutsu won't be the prominent focus of any natural minded 'MMOer'
Equipment Quests!

This usage of quest items isn't a practical as the previous suggestion but why not have it so you can find rarer equipment items by completing rarer quests? Are your +1 STR gloves not as good as your friends +2 STR gloves? Then this usage is for those of you who like the little details of things! Example, A level 15 Rogue Ninja NPC has a chance to drop a quest-item that yields a pair of rare gloves!  

The above usage is just a possible use of the quest-item suggestion, there are possibly hundreds of ways that they quest-items can be used in Nin-Online. I'm just here to get your creative minds rolling and working on something that will make everyone enjoy their experience.  
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Nice. The jutsu drop you mentioned it with the summons, but i agree it's a nice idea.

Some academy students getting the chance to learn an extra jutsu compared to the others could be the manga version of : sasuke knowing the katon in the academy or other stuff... Agree as long it's just a "fun jutsu", to brag, and not OP (quite the other way around).

There will NOT be gloves+1, gloves+2,...,gloves+99 in the game.

Rogue Ninja NPC sounds more like a RPE, but the idea could be fun. Still, it should be balanced somehow, cause i can see already all the upper levels going to search for rare items everywhere and i'm sure the point of the game was to make it as balanced as possible. Maybe a requirement to unlock the NPC Rogue Ninja and nobody can see/touch the bad guy except you...

But there's the thing, going to fight WAY weaker monsters will significantly lower the chance of it dropping. Like a level 50 going after a level 10 drop will be 0.005% chance of it dropping instead of 5%, there's always counter measures... Also I just used those as examples, but I'm sure there will be equipment that award stat bonuses. All of the Inventory Interface hinted towards it, lol