Summons

Oku

Question

What summons do you guys want added to the game? Also, at what level will summons be available? Naruto was able to summon a toad during the Chunin Exams and what not, but, how long do they last and what are the advantages to summons.

I feel like certain summons should have certain advantages and disadvantages just to create a balance and more of a Naruto feel. 

Rory's Decision: 

I've done my research, and I think I know how I want to do it.

I'm going to make the land of toad, along with a Ryuchi Cave or the slug forest. If you have a Kuchiyose no Jutsu scroll, you can learn it, but using it should only teleport you to the temple of the animal which your character is affiliated to (randomly). This is the easy option to get a summoning contract made. You will complete a series of quests to earn the favor of the animal or defeat them, depending on which animal. Alternatively, somebody else who has contracted that kind of animal may help bring you there, but there will be higher level requirement and it will cost a large amount ryo to do it this way. This encourages players to go with the flow and sign contracts with an animal they are affiliated to, or to seek out powerful senseis like the Sannin were to follow in their footsteps.

I also have decided that a limit of one per character would be better, and give each character a tighter identity.

IDEAS SO FAR:

Noimo:

Here's a very interesting twist on the fact that this game is a 2D-MMORPG, why not make it so that certain monsters will drop a quest starting item such as a 'Summoning Contract' where you have to defeat a certain amount of a certain type of monster(IE: Wolves, Toads, Scorpians, Slugs, Snakes, etc) and after defeating that tier you will receive another quest starting Item as a reward which will require you to defeat the next tier of that monster.

The quest would turn into a chain-quest of sorts leading up you receiving the final quest which requires you to defeat a boss-type or elite-type that type of monster and upon defeating that monster you can complete the chain-quest and get a Summoning Jutsu Scroll which gives you the ability to summon the bottom tier of that monster and allows you to get quests from certain NPC to learn the next tier of that summon and so on.

Just a thought though.

Vali Lucifer:

I like the idea of summons being used for certain purposes and only a limited amount of summons per person. Based on the Manga/Anime only Nagato has been shown to have more than 2 type of animals/creatures if I am correct. So make it that at a certain level you may pick 1 and depending on what you pick you can or cant pick another depending on what it is. For example if I get a high enough level and choose Slugs as my first contract, Slugs would be my primary and I could use them to heal myself and comrades, but because I chose Slugs I can't have summons such as Toads as my secondary and instead I could have Ninja Dogs for tracking as my secondary. Different animal summon serving different purposes sounds like fun, but proper cooldowns for all of them will make the game seem more natural.

Joker1480:

For Rp events, maybe fighting big summoning creatures, (if it's possible to do that in this game) but regular pvp one sumon at a time and keep them player sized, I say. Maybe they can be just like the scorpions we fought, but with 2-3 moves they can use that would be specific to the summon you use? Some would move faster than others and all that technical stuff for balance, I guess. The one summon per person, and only summoning during 1v1 matches would probably be the best way to implement it with the least amount of lag.

• Like 2

To have a summoning usually you need to make a contract with the animal so maybe a payment fee. Also you could have jonins being able to teach summoning's to get that sensei and student relationship

That's a good question, I would just not have this in.

Seems pretty useless, but I do plan on having maps wheres it's mostly just water and players can fight in.

I see fighting on water would be cool
  • Like 1

I think summoning should be largely based on the amount of chakra you have, since that is the main component on performing the justu. (I.e a lvl 10 cant summon gamabunta, but could summon small toads because Bunta has a chakra requirement of 500 CP)

As for how to obtain the summons. Meh, there are many ways to do this. Quest chains through Npcs, or like how some people have said just fight, beat, then interact with an animal. 

Summoning is  an exciting part of the universe and I'm glad its being added, but making it work is going to be very complicated I think. But Im interested to see how it goes :)

I think summoning should be largely based on the amount of chakra you have, since that is the main component on performing the justu. (I.e a lvl 10 cant summon gamabunta, but could summon small toads because Bunta has a chakra requirement of 500 CP)

As for how to obtain the summons. Meh, there are many ways to do this. Quest chains through Npcs, or like how some people have said just fight, beat, then interact with an animal. 

Summoning is  an exciting part of the universe and I'm glad its being added, but making it work is going to be very complicated I think. But Im interested to see how it goes :)

Yeah, but once you bind with a contract, you are subject to it and can't leave. Hopefully it will be added because this can be one of the most exciting parts haha.

I also really wanna see the pixel art for summons!

I like the idea of summons being used for certain purposes and only a limited amount of summons per person. Based on the Manga/Anime only Nagato has been shown to have more than 2 type of animals/creatures if I am correct. So make it that at a certain level you may pick 1 and depending on what you pick you can or cant pick another depending on what it is. For example if I get a high enough level and choose Slugs as my first contract, Slugs would be my primary and I could use them to heal myself and comrades, but because I chose Slugs I can't have summons such as Toads as my secondary and instead I could have Ninja Dogs for tracking as my secondary. Different animal summon serving different purposes sounds like fun, but proper cooldowns for all of them will make the game seem more natural.

I should probably put this in the OP - pretty well said IMO. 

I dont like that... most people have displayed the ability to summon only one type of animal. It should be extremely hard to achieve as well. Maybe a lvl req a int and chakra req and all of this should be hidden... 

Making it too easy... imo.. only 2 people can summon more than 1 animal... if this is set up ppl will have 3 different summons.. thats crazy.

If anything make it lvl 50. 

Everything OP like mange, and sage mode and even unlocking they byakugo (or w/e) should have hidden stat reqs or be hard to unlock some other way. 

For Rp events, maybe fighting big summoning creatures, (if it's possible to do that in this game) but regular pvp one sumon at a time and keep them player sized, I say. Maybe they can be just like the scorpions we fought, but with 2-3 moves they can use that would be specific to the summon you use? Some would move faster than others and all that technical stuff for balance, I guess. The one summon per person, and only summoning during 1v1 matches would probably be the best way to implement it with the least amount of lag.

Edit: @Kazume maybe the player can fight a big creature on his/her own in a Rp fight to kill the summoning animal's leader and break ties with them for a new summoning? Idk about multi-summons though. If it's just one summoing per match limits then multi-summon contracts wouldn't be so bad.

That's a good question, I would just not have this in. Seems pretty useless, but I do plan on having maps wheres it's mostly just water and players can fight in.

Isnt that Kisame's water shark jutsu? or does he actually summon sharks. I agree with rory, it should be difficult for a player to learn how to summon animals

In keeping with his shark theme, Kisame had shown the ability to summon sharks for both battle and message sending purposes, and can combine the one summoned shark with the Water Release: A Thousand Feeding Sharks as a way to conceal the messenger shark location and allow it to escape. He also used them with the Water Prison Technique to commit suicide.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kisame_Hoshigaki

Here's a very interesting twist on the fact that this game is a 2D-MMORPG, why not make it so that certain monsters will drop a quest starting item such as a 'Summoning Contract' where you have to defeat a certain amount of a certain type of monster(IE: Wolves, Toads, Scorpians, Slugs, Snakes, etc) and after defeating that tier you will receive another quest starting Item as a reward which will require you to defeat the next tier of that monster. The quest would turn into a chain-quest of sorts leading up you receiving the final quest which requires you to defeat a boss-type or elite-type that type of monster and upon defeating that monster you can complete the chain-quest and get a Summoning Jutsu Scroll which gives you the ability to summon the bottom tier of that monster and allows you to get quests from certain NPC to learn the next tier of that summon and so on. Just a thought though.

Rory Whack

• Like 2

@Noimo I like that idea a lot, I will consider this. It would be much more fun than buying a scroll and suddenly being able to summon toads. It'll also make the player feel better, that he's earned it. In any case, there should be a scroll to summon portals or teleport you to a special land of toads, or land of turtles etc. Will be fun creating such temples, and quests surrounding the area!

Summonings should be random so its not an issue of picking a certain one because it looks cooler.

No! Lol, they should definitely not be random.

I dont like that... most people have displayed the ability to summon only one type of animal. It should be extremely hard to achieve as well. Maybe a lvl req a int and chakra req and all of this should be hidden...

Making it too easy... imo.. only 2 people can summon more than 1 animal... if this is set up ppl will have 3 different summons.. thats crazy.

If anything make it lvl 50.

Everything OP like mange, and sage mode and even unlocking they byakugo (or w/e) should have hidden stat reqs or be hard to unlock some other way.

I mean, you should definitely start off with easier summons such as Ninken ~ but everyone should have the oppurtunity to unlock a summon.

Extremely hard is an overstatement, Naruto and Sasuke could summon at early ages, though they are special cases. It should definitely depend on your sensei and mission though.

Here's a very interesting twist on the fact that this game is a 2D-MMORPG, why not make it so that certain monsters will drop a quest starting item such as a 'Summoning Contract' where you have to defeat a certain amount of a certain type of monster(IE: Wolves, Toads, Scorpians, Slugs, Snakes, etc) and after defeating that tier you will receive another quest starting Item as a reward which will require you to defeat the next tier of that monster.

The quest would turn into a chain-quest of sorts leading up you receiving the final quest which requires you to defeat a boss-type or elite-type that type of monster and upon defeating that monster you can complete the chain-quest and get a Summoning Jutsu Scroll which gives you the ability to summon the bottom tier of that monster and allows you to get quests from certain NPC to learn the next tier of that summon and so on.

Just a thought though.

Rory Whack

This is a good starting point.

I've done my research, and I think I know how I want to do it. I'm going to make the land of toad, along with a Ryuchi Cave or the slug forest. If you have a Kuchiyose no Jutsu scroll, you can learn it, but using it should only teleport you to the temple of the animal which your character is affiliated to (randomly). This is the easy option to get a summoning contract made. You will complete a series of quests to earn the favor of the animal or defeat them, depending on which animal. Alternatively, somebody else who has contracted that kind of animal may help bring you there, but there will be higher level requirement and it will cost a large amount ryo to do it this way. This encourages players to go with the flow and sign contracts with an animal they are affiliated to, or to seek out powerful senseis like the Sannin were to follow in their footsteps. I also have decided that a limit of one per character would be better, and give each character a tighter identity.

• Like 4

I've done my research, and I think I know how I want to do it. I'm going to make the land of toad, along with a Ryuchi Cave or the slug forest. If you have a Kuchiyose no Jutsu scroll, you can learn it, but using it should only teleport you to the temple of the animal which your character is affiliated to (randomly). This is the easy option to get a summoning contract made. You will complete a series of quests to earn the favor of the animal or defeat them, depending on which animal. Alternatively, somebody else who has contracted that kind of animal may help bring you there, but there will be higher level requirement and it will cost a large amount ryo to do it this way. This encourages players to go with the flow and sign contracts with an animal they are affiliated to, or to seek out powerful senseis like the Sannin were to follow in their footsteps. I also have decided that a limit of one per character would be better, and give each character a tighter identity.

Wha awesome, do you think that later we could learn Sage Mode from these summons? I mean in the same way, we should get a quest from them or something like that at a big lvl... @Rory