Suggestions By Samoned

samoned5

Question

The ideas I had after talking to some people about what should the game have in time:

1) Bots- the game needs bots, like rouge ninja that you kill to train and stuff;

2) A wide variety of missions, I'd hate to do the same thing over and over again.

3) A good use of ninja tools, like paper bombs so people can set traps for other players with a trip wire and even hide the paper bomb so it's hard to spot.

4) The jutsu shouldn't have cooldowns, or when you do one jutsu then all of them should be on cooldown, it just isn't very logical that you can't do one jutsu but can do others even if you have chakra for the one you can't do. I think the jutsu should require like a certain amount of time to cast them (the hand seals, ya know).

5) The running should be as smooth as possible, because it's really important in a game like this.

6) The targeting system should be good, I think and easy way to target someone is to select a target or targets like you select more than one items on your computer, ya know.

7) If you make items like seven ninja swordsmen swords, then there really should be only 7, and not everyone should be able to get them.

8) The bloodline system- players should only discover what bloodline they have and if they have one after some amount of time so there aren't like a hundred Uchihas running around, haha. You should make so it's not easy to get to the point you discover your bloodline, so that some people don't just make new characters until they get what they want.

1) Definitely. We'll have NPCs (Non-playable Characters) both Mobs (enemies) and regular townsfolk or friendly quest givers. 2) Yes, we will have plenty of different missions. I have quite a few in mind!

3) We'll try our best to get these in. It's a good idea :) 4) This is true, but it's more for balancing. You shouldn't be able to focus all your stats into one kind of power and use it forever. What you said about giving the cooldown to all the jutsus is interesting as well, but would remove a lot of strategic value.

5) Yes, running will be as smooth as it gets. 6) Multiple targets sounds like something we can look into. Though I don't see much value in it. 7) Yes, organizations like the 7 Swordsmen of the Mist and Akatsuki, will consist of the right amount of players. They will be player run organizations as much as possible.

8) We're still putting much thought into this. But bloodlines will come at a later date.

Samoned, for #4; were you suggesting that all jutsu cooldown if one is used be implemented, or were you suggesting that it shouldn't be? Just curious, 

I'd rather have no cooldowns, because then it would be like in the anime, the number of justu you can use depends on how much chakra you have, then people would be more careful when using them and wont just spam them, but chakra should regenerate slowly, or even better there should be a button that you hold to regenerate chakra, but it would be hard to use in battle of course. :)

• Like 1

Then again, you could still make the more powerful the jutsu it costs more chakra, as the amount of rasengan spam Naruto does is unbelievable. But on another hand, it doesn't have to be identical to Naruto. Although to tag on to this topic, I suggest added some elements to make strategy in PvP, not just click, click, hotkey, macro, click, click.

Honestly While bloodlines are cool! i don't think they should actually be in game just for the fact it would ruin the real time fighting if some one had haku's ability! see what i mean! as far as cool downs go i think they should be in place just simple for the fact some one could like stated just spam it out and grind levels! The weapons would be a sweet thing to have in -game but  you should be able to kill someone with said weapon and pick it off of them for pvp! that right their would be epic.

I don't know, still think cool downs shouldn't exist in a Naruto-based game. Just doesn't make since in that universe. Jutsu just need to cost more and there should be a chakra buttun that let's you regenerate chakra over time while you hold it (can't move while doing that), heh.

@ Well, not everything has to be according to Naruto. If it works for the gameplay, it shouldn't really matter. A regenerate chakra button would cause people to run off, regain their chakra, then come back, causing their opponent to chase after them. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, tbh.

Actually jutsu's in the anime do have cool downs .

Pein is excellent example, He has to wait 5 seconds before he could push/pull anything.

Shishu is also another example, his genjutsu can only be cast once every 10 years.

Shisui.

Word of warning to those unfamiliar with the Naruto GOA community; This is guy here is 1 of many you shouldn't take suggestions from. Ciao.

Speaking of which, where's Gama? 

• Like 1

Hmm...the no cooldown thing works if it's implemented correctly. For example, from a strategic point of view using too much chakra at once would have serious effects in the long term of a battle or whatever, so it would be best to conserve chakra and use the right amount at the right time. To counter "spamming", chakra costs should exponentially increase per amount jutsu used in a certain amount of time. *I use Jutsu A, which costs 500 chakra. Then immediately after I use Jutsu B, which costs 600 chakra normally, but I used it within the same timeframe I used Jutsu A so the chakra cost goes up a lot; to like 900 chakra for instance. Maybe the timeframe can be passive influenced meaning players have the ability to decrease the "no spamming" timeframe over time with the use of points.