Forum Awards

Crosswise

This is a really nice feature.

Suggestions (some of which I already expect would probably be in)

Getting a certain amount of likes.

Reaching top 5 posts (spamming is disqualified)

Reaching top 5 online

Donating (gold member aside, just donating to donate or included, whatever)

Make suggestions approved by Rory or programmers (whoever will added it of course)

Give positive feedback all the time & get recognized for it.

• 3 months later...

There is some idea, why don't you add something like this...

Posted Image

I have one on my profile, but it would be neat if someone made a generator or something for custom ninja info cards.

@ Ninja Biography section.

Suggested that months ago and Rory said it would bring too much spam and to use our profiles for bios, making them more tedious to assess.

...back On-Topic, I would like to see some RP-Related Awards for when the RP section is introduced.

I have one on my profile, but it would be neat if someone made a generator or something for custom ninja info cards. Suggested that months ago and Rory said it would bring too much spam and to use our profiles for bios, making them more tedious to assess. ...back On-Topic, I would like to see some RP-Related Awards for when the RP section is introduced.

Or simply link the in-game characters stats, jutsus, amount of win's and losses, etc with the forum. Players could choose to set it to private if they wished. Pester your leaders more. In most cases the messenger is looked at before the message.

On-Topic: I would like for badges that will either raise stats (only marginally) and wont be stack-able, even if its like 2% less time spent regenerating chakra, or even 5% extra damage with your chosen element(s).

It would give players an incentive of actually trying to attain them. Lets face it, most players wont be active on the forums when the game is officially released unless its to ask for help. Give players a reason to stay active in the community. Collecting badges that have an effect in-game is ultimately beneficial to the community as a whole. 

@Crosswise So in other words the badge will have a similar purpose the title had before it was removed(Or in the process of being removed), Recognition for player input and vanity?

At-least make them useful and add a variation of effects. They don't necessarily have to be stat-related but at-least something that awards the player. Here is an example: You use real money to purchase Gold, you receive benefits other players don't receive.

If you added a badge which would enable normal players to get the same benefits then it would balance things out. Sound badge (This grants the user the ability to upload a song to his profile without being a Gold or Silver member)

But I guess this whole idea is primarily for fun. I like the idea but would like it even more if the badges had a sense of purpose beyond vanity and recognition. Something that would make other members think ''Damn, that Ryu has that awesome Splinter badge that gives him 2% extra defense against earth jutsu. I wonder if it will drop if I ambush him''. See the incentives there? They would become collectibles which you could mix and match to a total of 3 slots.

It would also mean players could have the same build but individual skill and badges would be the small margin which would determine who has the upper-hand. They wouldn't be unbalanced since you wouldn't be able to stack the same badge and receive an unfair statistical boost. 

Recognition for player input and vanity? Precisely.

There is a world of difference between Gold/Silver getting special items in-game or having early access to Alpha testing, and them receiving stat increases or character boosts which directly affect combat with other players. I believe the programmers - Seth at least - are trying to take Nin in the direction of a competitive game, while avoiding the "pay to win" sinkhole. It's fine to benefit aesthetically from donations and from badges awarded on the forum, but being awarded with things that give you an edge over other players in competitive situations should be avoided.

That said, I like your idea for the badge allowing profile songs to non-Golds and -Silvers. I've only conceived close to eight different badges thus far, so the award feature is wide open to suggestions.. And, of course, contributions.

It should but it doesn't do the bloodlines in question justice for them to be ''balanced''. One way to look at it is that 200 years have passed and the clans and their abilities have become diluted. Could you share more on what you're developing? I realize we are going off-topic here so you can respond via inbox.

You're correct in hinting that there are numerous ways for us to manipulate a 200-year passage of time with respect to clan dilution and changes within the universe, but without getting too detailed, emulating the Naruto franchise puts Nin at potential risk for copyright harassment, so in all likelihood the game will be moving away from a canonical universe and its inclusive features (clans, proper titles, etc.).

If there are remnants of the series - which undoubtedly there will be - they will not be "copied and pasted" straight from manga sources, and thus can be more easily balanced.