In game marketplace is a top priority!

AlexTFM

Question

Hello! This post is about economy and MONEY!

I have been watching the Halloween event, with the new items, and I could stop but wonder about how great an in game marketplace would be. So I decided to write a post about it :P

I suggest that an in-game marketplace where you can sell and buy items (nothing more complicated like orders and stuff like that) should be added as soon as possible. ( I have an older post about it but it's not this detailed).

I think that the Halloween event, with its new items, is a perfect example why a regulated system where Ryo can flow in an economic manner should be a priority. 

As more and more tradeable items are going to be added to the game the need for an in game marketplace grows.

My arguments are:

1. It'd fantastic for the new players. Right now, being new is incredibly hard and confusing. Let's say that you manage to get a mask and you'd like to sell it, where do you go? You should join the Nin discord server, maybe ask for the price, post in on trade, then wait for someone to DM you, meet up with him, it's a big hassle for a new level 10 that just wants 3k for some twin blades. A marketplace solves it all, the new player just has to list the item and wait for a buyer, he can see the prices there, and he doesn't need to go through the trouble of going on another platform and negotiate in DMs. Also, yes, you can go and /v, but in my opinion it's not the best solution . /v depends on the players online and active in your village at that specific moment, so this is not the way to go.

2. It'd be a lot better for the economy. We all know that good MMOs have good economies. It's a must for any good MMO to take care of its economy. The problems of Nin economy are: Ryo is being poured in the economy by farmers selling items at shops, that's how Ryo is created, there is no real way to get the Ryo out of the economy at the levels that it's being created, this means Ryo value decreases drastically over time, this is a big problem, this phenomenon is called inflation, much more Ryo is created than it's used right now. At the moment, there is only a pseudo-economy where Ryo flows by trades between players. Prices are not set economically, it's more about how much struggle you are willing to go through in order to get an item for a specific price, that's because there is no organized way of finding buyers and sellers, as the discord channel is chaotic and filled with lots of offers and items in no specific categories. A marketplace will make Ryo flow in an economic manner, meaning that prices will be set by supply and demand. Also, this system opens up the possibility for taxes and regulation in order to keep a stable value for Ryo as more items are added.

Conclusion:

Given the fact that Nin is updated and expending month by month with new items, a marketplace is a must for the quality of life of new players, as well as old players, given the facts that Ryo transactions can be regulated in order to have a stable economy, it will be easy for everyone to trade and prices will be set by the law of supply and demand. A good economy will keep players playing, make the game more appealing and will make Nin become the great Naruto MMO we all want it to be! I believe the marketplace is a top priority for the future of Nin.

Thank you for reading!

• Like 3

2 answers to this question